Location: Bay Area
Education Pioneers Analyst Position Open: The Analyst will gather and analyze quantitative and qualitative data that will be used by Education Pioneers staff and leadership to inform strategy, assess progress against business goals, make business decisions, and improve day-to-day performance. Major areas of responsibility include:
Roll-out and manage robust performance management system
- Partner with Director of Operations to implement Performance Management System to measure organizational performance.
- Manage performance management system ensuring data integrity, train all staff on system and create and analyze relevant reports on an ongoing basis.
- Manage the data collection and reporting for our Performance Management System and make preliminary recommendations to the Director, Operations and Finance and the National Leadership Team based on analysis.
- Support Director of Operations and Finance in identifying opportunities to improve business processes and information systems, and manage and contribute to process improvements.
Enhance efficiency and adoption of organizational systems and business processes
- Analyze and document current and future business process models.
- Conduct business and technical needs assessments with business owners to support systems integration and data quality efforts.
- Make systems recommendations to maximize use of current software and work with Director of Operations to implement systems improvements.
- Contribute to developing a framework for prioritizing needs and gauging ROI & effectiveness of systems
- Perform feasibility analysis and help research `buy or build’ options
- Evaluate vendors and products based on business requirements and provide recommendations.
- Conduct staff trainings on relevant systems
Contribute to financial analysis and budgeting process
- Prepare regular financial analysis including variance of budget vs. actual, cash flow statements, etc., and play a technical support role in the annual business planning and budgeting process.
Build analytical capacity of staff on the team
- Train staff in basic analytics
The Analyst will report to Director of Operations. Approximately 50% of the analyst€™s work is project oriented and in these situations the project sponsor/manager may be Education Pioneers staff other than the Director of Operations
The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills, experience in project and process management, and a broad knowledge of information systems.
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; fluent in a variety of qualitative and quantitative problem solving approaches
- Solid understanding and appreciation of how technology contributes to driving organizational value
- Able to independently, collaboratively and quickly address complex problems, gather and document business requirements, write specifications, create and execute deployment plans, and organize a large number of changing variables
- Highly organized and thorough, with an ability to facilitate activities among different levels of staff
- Strong communication, writing, presentation, facilitation and interpersonal abilities to manage business expectations with cross-functional teams, express complex technical concepts both verbally and in writing, and work with a non-technical colleagues
- Able to manage multiple priorities and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, experience with Salesforce preferred
Minimum education level:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business, technology, information sciences, communication or related discipline
- MBA or other relevant master’s degree a plus
- Two years as an analyst in a professional services environment or comparable experience.
- Experience in the education and/or social entrepreneurship sector a plus