Vacancy Announcement for Training Manager (TM)
United States Peace Corps in Guyana
Basic Functions of the Position:
Manage the design, delivery and evaluation of competency-based training to prepare Peace Corps Trainees for two years of volunteer service in Guyana. Coordinate and manage the development and implementation of the training curriculum, which includes Pre-Service Training, as well as all in-service trainings for Volunteers throughout the year.Â Manage relevant staff and budgets associated with training programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides program and training staff in the design, monitoring, evaluation and revision of a comprehensive set of technical, core, language, cross-cultural, sector, and personal health/safety competencies which will prepare Trainees and Volunteers to effectively serve with their community counterparts.
- Develops and implements a community-based training program based on competencies that integrate technical areas, language, cross-cultural, and core topics.
- Manages a team of trainers, resource persons, resource volunteers, and staff in the implementation of training curriculum and goals.
- Develops and monitors a training budget in collaboration with the PTO and Administrative Officer.
- Oversees the planning and preparation of training activities and events.
- Oversees the development of all training documents/reports and provides quality feedback to the training team in a timely manner that allows for integrated planning and evaluation.
- Facilitates large and small group training activities, modeling a variety of non-formal, adult education techniques in the delivery of training.
- Conducts training sessions for many core competencies and selected sector/technical competencies.
- Guides/directs the evaluation of traineesâ€™ progress, including written assessments, interviews, and staff roundtable meetings.
- Serves as member of the PC Guyana Team.
Qualifications â€“ Education/Experience:
- University bachelor degree in adult education, human resources management, or a development related field OR 4 years of equivalent experience in adult, non-formal education required.
Qualifications â€“ Required Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes:
- Experience researching, designing, and delivering a multi-component training program for adults.
- Demonstrated, management, administration, or coordination of a training program, including personnel management.
- Knowledge of train-the-trainer approaches, group dynamics and facilitation techniques for education programs.
- Must be a very resourceful and creative individual capable of designing flexible options to respond to training needs.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills and ability to make presentations comfortably in front of a group.
- Experience managing budgets and expenses in a high accountability environment.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Job requires brief to extended periods of in-country travel for training.
- Familiarity with Guyanese culture, communities, and geography.
- Licensed driver.
Position Salary: Salary negotiable based on previous experience and qualifications.
Position Duration: 1-year contract position renewable upon satisfactory performance.
Application Process/Deadline: Submit resume with cover letter and two reference contacts via email to email@example.com no later than Wednesday, August 19, 2009, or mail them to: Peace Corps Guyana, TM Vacancy, P.O. Box 101192, Georgetown. Â Proposed start date: Monday, September 14, 2009.
Additional Information: For additional general information regarding the Peace Corps, please visit our website at: www.peacecorps.gov.