Peace Corps Guyana: Program and Training Specialist – Education
Program and Training Specialist – Education
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Program and Training Specialist for an international agency. Position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified.
- Works closely with the Program and Training Staff to design, coordinate, implement, and evaluate a professional training sequence for international volunteers to work effectively in the Basic Education Project.
- Works to establish a productive and dynamic relationship international volunteers and local Guyanese education service providers. Provides a thorough orientation to local Guyanese education service providers, as well as ongoing guidance and support to international volunteers.
- Provides technical and non-technical logistical support to Program and Training Staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, project management, community development or related field.
- Three years progressively responsible experience in primary, literacy and/or life skills education.
- Experience in information technology programs and community development is preferred.
- Experience working within the varying levels of the Ministry of Education’s System in Guyana is preferred.
- Experience training adults is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively (reading, writing, speaking) in English.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively.
This position will require up to 70% in-country travel.
A letter of interest and a copy of resume/curriculum vitae should be sent as soon as possible to the following postal address or hand-delivered to the following street address:
Post to: Hand-deliver to:
PM – Education
P.O. Box 101192
U.S. Peace Corps
33A Barrack Street
Alternatively, applications may be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.