PEPFAR Country Coordinator
The United States Embassy in Georgetown is seeking an individual for the position of PEPFAR Country Coordinator.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The incumbent is the primary point of contact and Coordinator of activities related to the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) in Guyana, and will play a critical role in planning, implementing and reporting program performance of inter-agency programs.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office, telephone 225-4900, extension 4249.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. An advanced University degree (Masters or higher) is required with major work in Public Policy, Public Health, Administration or Business Management.
2. A minimum of five (5) years of proven experience working with large, complex international or domestic programs is required with at least three years experience working with HIV/AIDS and/or development programs in Guyana.
3. Level IV Fluent English, in reading/writing/speaking, is required.
4. Must have a strong knowledge of the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Guyana and the programs to prevent and mitigate its effects.
5. Must be highly proficient in word processing applications (Word), Spreadsheets (Excel), presentation graphics (PowerPoint), database use and have knowledge of the internet.
Webmaster for Peace Corps
Join the Peace Corps web team as our Information Technology Specialist (Internet), providing front-end web support for www.peacecorps.gov. Be part of our mission to promote world peace and friendship by helping share the Peace Corps story and helping find the next generation of Peace Corps Volunteers.
The Peace Corps website is part of the innovative and award-winning marketing team within the Office of Communications. While we are a federal agency, we don’t feel like one. We operate in a fast-paced, collaborative and creative environment. We are passionate about the work of our Volunteers, and helping inform and inspire the over 5 million website visitors we average a year.
Fulltime. Salary up to $94,089.
To Apply: Interested candidates must apply online through Peace Corp’s job site: http://tinyurl.com/netcomspecialist . (Don’t be put off by the clunky third-party interface – everything after that about us is pretty cool. Really!) Be sure to attach your resume and include a URL where your portfolio can be seen.